Wednesday, December 4, 2013

NikeiD - Nike Training Shoes?

I've always been a Nike fan. And since the Canucks have used Nike as their training shoes, it's been very interesting to see just how Nike is taking care of its clientele. I bought my first Nikes in 1979 - my first pair being the "Internationalist" then my second pair being an orange/grey shoe called "Daybreak". Interesting that I can still remember it. Firstly I bought Nikes because my best friend at the time, Micky Doerksen bought them and hey, I wanted to get a pair of Nikes like him and at 9 years old, you like to be the same as your other friends. Now at the ripe old age of 43. I tend to do my own thing, but I still buy Nikes, but it is more about what I want in terms of the colors and whether or not I like the design of the shoe, rather than who's wearing it - but ultimately it has to fit right to my feet and that's why I've been so persistent in buying Nikes.

Ever since Nike came out recently with Nike ID. I've been playing around with an idea in my head as to how to fit my NHL team allegiances with the shoes I wear. I have a jersey (un-numbered, blank) and I've been looking to complement it with similar colored footwear. So I decided to play on NikeID and create something that would match my Vancouver Canucks jersey.

It didn't fit entirely. The green turned out more of a mint (Nike calls it Poison Green) green than the green the Canucks use, but hey. I'm not complaining. If Nike is willing to keep custom-making Nike shoes like this, I'll bite even though it's going to take $135.00+tax/shipping and handling out of my pocket.

So here is my iteration of a Canucks pair of Nikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment